Hi! I’m Brittany, a happily married stay-at-home-mom with one darling little boy and a second baby on the way. In March of 2015, the company I worked at for over twelve years filed for bankruptcy and closed their doors. In many ways it gave me the push I needed to follow my creative pursuits and start The Shinn Life blog.
My passion is writing and photography, and I’d love to share with you the ins and outs of our crazy life. I’ll be posting home decor, beauty reviews, tried and true recipes, and things I learned the hard way on my journey as a new parent.
In January of 2016, I started a small business on Etsy and have been thoroughly enjoying our new adventure! We’ve had such a wonderful outpouring of love and excitement for our little shop and I would LOVE for you to see it. We’ll be working on some curated blog posts on tips and tricks for getting your own business on it’s feet!
Other things about me:
- I met my husband when we were 13 years old. After High School, we went in different directions, but ultimately ended up back together in 2012. Have you ever heard the Chinese red thread of fate legend? “Two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break.” He is my little red thread :).
- I absolutely love wine. Reds are my favorite, Pinot Noir holding steady at the top of the list. Have a favorite brand? I’d love to hear what it is!
- I also love food. If it’s pasta or covered in cheese, you can guarantee I’m going to eat it. I’m learning to eat less of it, but that’s an uphill battle.
- I had never changed a diaper until my son, Maxwell, was born. Let me tell you, I am a professional now!
- I’m a true Oregonian, and no matter where the Air Force took us, Oregon will always be home. I’m happy to say we finally made it back to the Pacific Northwest!