I’ve been working on making healthier meals at home, ones that either call for little or no processed foods, and bonus points if they can be easily made. My favorites have been crock pot meals – they’re easy to prep in the morning and I can spend more time with my husband and son in the afternoon instead of in the kitchen.
Enter: Crock Pot Chicken & Black Bean Burritos.
These are so simple, and easy to dress up with your favorite toppings! To add extra healthy points, I made them with whole wheat tortillas.
If you want to make this recipe 100% clean – use homemade salsa and taco seasoning :).
- 1/2 a 24oz Jar of Salsa (spicy level to taste)
- (2) Large Chicken Breasts
- (1) 15 oz can of Black Beans
- 1/4 - 1/2 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- (1) Package of Small Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Cheddar or Mexican Blend Cheese (to taste)
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray
- Add chicken, drained beans, salsa and taco seasoning.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- Shred chicken in crock pot and stir ingredients together.
- Microwave tortillas for 15-20 seconds so they're warm.
- Add filling to tacos, top with your favorite toppings (salsa, cheese, guacamole, sour cream...) and enjoy!